Perhaps not as popular, romantic or nostalgic as drive-in movies were in the 1950s and 1960s, starting in mid-July, here’s a popular return event that should make your list of summer things to do in Atlantic City for kids.
Pack up the beach chairs, bring a picnic basket and grab the kids because “Movies under the Stars
” returns and brings 21 of your favorite family-friendly films to three popular Atlantic City beaches.
Neither shoes nor shirt are required for this entertaining outdoor event and the entire family can enjoy and watch kids movies for free! (Sorry, popcorn not included.)
The movie beach parties, which begin at dusk on Fridays, Sundays and Mondays, open with a quartet of friends, a duo of agents and a basketball all-star. Let’s give a warm “Welcome back” to:
- Alex, Marty, Gloria and Melman from “Madagascar 3” who open the series July 12th on Bartram Avenue Beach (Note: if you can’t make this movie in July, catch a second showing August 25th at Brighton Park);
- Agents K & J from “Men In Black 3”, who will be saving the earth and humanity once again on July 14 at Brighton Park;
- Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant in his big screen debut as himself in “Thunderstruck,” where he exchanges bodies with a klutzy kid playing July 15 at Gardener’s Basin.
Other popular G and PG-rated animated features are “Oz the Great and Powerful,” “Wreck-It Ralph,” “Rise of the Guardians,” “Brave,” “Hotel Transylvania” and “Madagascar 3.”
A few of the PG-13 action adventure movies in Atlantic City this summer include “Men in Black 3,” “The Dark Knight Rises,” “The Hobbit,” “Snow White and the Huntsman” and “The Amazing Spider-man.”
Care to guess the trio of films concluding this summer’s "Movies Under the Stars
" series? Here are your hints:
- “Wolverine” and “Jack Donaghy” are some of the imaginary immortals that must protect childhood innocence
- These marvelous members must collaborate to save Earth from a tricky trouble-maker
- Will our clumsy hero swap his swamp for a faraway castle?
1. “Rise of the Guardians,” Aug 23rd at Bartram Ave. Beach
2. “The Avengers,” Aug 26th at Gardener’s Basin
3. “Shrek 3,” Aug 30th at Bartram Ave. BeachParental Guidance: Although most movies are rated G or PG, seven of the 21 are rated PG-13 and may not be suitable for all ages. See the full list of all 21 movies in Atlantic City this summer here and be sure to enjoy one of the top free and fun things to do in Atlantic City for kids!